Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ninety Plus Cellars Lot 101 Collectors Series Columbia Valley Syrah

Ninety Plus Cellars Lot 101: Collectors Series Columbia Valley, Washington, Syrah, 2009


This may be one of the most enjoyable drinking wines in our cellar right now at any pricepoint.  
Looking for a 'special' bottle to enjoy for some casual drinking at home I pulled this from the cellar to enjoy. 
I reviewed this wine earlier in the spring in my blogpost. I love this style as my preferred profile of a Syrah, thick, chewy with sweet forward fruits. 
Dark inky colored, medium to full bodied, this full throttled Syrah reveals layers of blackberry and black currants fruits with tones of sweet vanilla, caramel and spice with hints of black pepper on a lingering smooth silky tannin finish.

RM 93 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment