Our final culinary dining experience during our Seattle Culinary and Washington Wine Tour was dinner at the Barking Frog restaurant in the Willows Lodge resort.
Barking Frog is the fine dining establishment in the Seattle wine country suburb of Woodinville, home to, reportedly, over a hundred wine tasting venues.
Once again, it was a delight to have son Ryan along with us for the trip to share the experience.
We scored a dinner reservation from local Somm and wine room manager at one of the premier tasting rooms.
Barking Frog have an excellent wine list but we took one bottle BYOB, that son Ryan obtained from the Library collection at Long Shadows cellars, a 2004 Pirouette Bordeaux Blend. This label was one of the wines we tasted and acquired at Long Shadows, one of their Vintners Collection Winemaker Series featuring world class winemakers collaborating to showcase the best art of the possible from Washington State vineyards.
Pirouette Bordeaux Blend is crafted by Augustin Hunneeus, Sr and Philippe Melka, noted for Napa Valley leading wine labels. We hold this wine in our cellar back at home but had not yet tasted this vintage. We also hold many other Philppe Melka labels from his own Melka brand as well as many others for which he is consulting winemaker.
Like we did for our other culinary ventures this week, we chose the Price Fixe tasting menu to follow the chef's suggestion for the pairings and courses.
Here were our course selections:
- Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras
- Heirloom tomatoes with basil, urfa biber, cherries/buratta and noble xo
- Asparagus with farro fries, parmesan tuile, spring herbs and lemon tarragon aioli
- Atlantic Sea Scallops with artichoke, fava beans, cipollini onions, onion soubise and porcini nage
- Beef ribeye w/ whipped potatoes, asparagus and sauce chasseur
- For the final course, Linda had the Vanilla Bean Creme' Brulee and I had the Trio of Sorbets
What a treat, our second Inniskillin Ice Wine in as many weeks! Ryan had the Sauterne which, while wonderful, was not a match for the Inniskillin.
Our Dinner Plates:
|Hudon Valley Foie Gras|
|Heirloom tomatoes with basil|
|Asparagus with farro fries|